HMS Benbow was an Iron Duke-class battleship of the Royal Navy.
She was ordered under the 1911 Naval Estimates and built in the yards of William Beardmore and Company, of Glasgow. Launched on 12 November 1913. She was commissioned in October 1914 after the outbreak of the First World War . She served during the First World War as part of the Grand Fleet, and led one of the squadrons of the Fleet in the major naval engagement of that war, the battle of Jutland in 1916. She spent the rest of the war in home waters, but was dispatched to the Mediterranean after the end of the war, and then into the Black Sea. Here she carried out a number of shore bombardments in support of the White Russians in the Russian Civil War, until their collapse in 1920.
She remained with the Mediterranean Fleet until 1926, when she returned to the Atlantic Fleet. She was decommissioned in 1929, disarmed under the terms of the London Naval Treaty in 1930 and was sold for scrapping in 1931.
Aluminium 21cm 7 in dia