Trinity Marine is proud to announce the collaboration with Icarus Originals in producing a unique piece of memorabilia to commemorate the upcoming anniversary of the 1982 Falklands conflict. We have teamed up with jewellers Icarus Originals, to produce these limited edition models of HMS Hermes, the flagship of the Royal Navy task force that re-captured the Islands.
These detailed renderings show the carrier which will be manufactured from the original flight deck fittings we recovered during the vessel’s disassembly. Following the end of the carrier’s life as INS Viraat in India, the recovered metal has been melted down and folded into copper to form the marine bronze used for casting. Each of the models are entirely designed, made and hand finished in the UK.
Key product details:
- Mounted on a hand-crafted wooden base, each casting has been made using material reclaimed from HMS Hermes during her disassembly.
- Available with or without the Falklands era ski-jump.
- Designed, handmade and finished in the UK.
- Serialised limited edition release.
- Each model sold supports veterans in employment and the Falklands Veterans Foundation and its operation of “Liberty Lodge” in Port Stanley.
- Each model comes beautifully packaged and complete with a serialised certificate with embossed gold leaf and an information booklet on the ship’s history.
- Model measures 120mm and sits on a wooden base measuring 135 x 80mm.
We’re honoured to be supporting the Falklands Veterans Foundation (FVF), and their continuing work to maintain Liberty Lodge. This provides veterans and the relatives of those killed a tranquil place to stay on the islands. Moreover, the manufacturing of the product supports veterans in the UK too. Icarus Originals was co–founded by a blind ex Royal Navy Officer, whilst the wooden plinth is made by Veterans Woodcraft in Yorkshire