£275.00 (ex. VAT)

HMS Sluys (D60) was a Battle-class destroyer of the Royal Navy (RN). She was named in honour of the Battle of Sluys which occurred in 1340 during the Hundred Year's War, and which resulted in a decisive English victory over a French fleet. Sluys was built by Cammell Laird of Birkenhead. She was launched on 28 February 1945 and commissioned on 30 September 1946.
Upon commission, Sluys joined the 1st Destroyer Flotilla, part of the Home Fleet, which was based in the UK. In 1947, Sluys, along with her sister-ship Cadiz, escorted the aircraft carrier HMS Vengeance, which was flying the flag of the First Sea Lord, to Norway, where the small group made a variety of fly-the-flag visits to ports, as well as performing other duties.
In 1953, Sluys was decommissioned and subsequently placed in Reserve. She was sold to Iran in 1967 after a major rebuild which completely changed her outline.
Bronze 5.5in diameter 1.2kg

1 in stock