Original Royal Navy HMS Adamant Ships Badge – 1940
HMS Adamant was a World War II Submarine Depot Ship.
Built by Harland and Wolff, Belfast
Completed in 1942, she served in the Eastern Fleet with the 4th Submarine Flotilla until April 1945 and then moved with her flotilla to Fremantle, Australia.
In 1950, she returned to England, where HMS Adamant remained until 1954 as flagship of the Senior Officer, Reserve Fleet, Portsmouth.
In 1953 she took part in the Fleet Review to celebrate the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
In October 1954, she was commissioned as depot ship to the 3rd Submarine Squadron at Rothesay, where she was based until October 1957.
HMS Adamant was the permanent RN presence at Rothesay. In early 1964, she moved to the 2nd Submarine Squadron at Devonport. In September 1970 she arrived at Inverkeithing to be broken up.
9in 23cm x 7in 18cm
We have been the Worlds largest dealers in these original Royal Navy artefacts for over twenty years now, the bulk of our stock coming directly from invitation by the Royal Navy and the Royal Navy Museum in Portsmouth Dockyard.
In a market full of souvenirs & fakes, we are are proud to present to you these, the ‘Real McCoy,’ in which to confidently invest, and wholeheartedly enjoy.