£1,500.00 (ex. VAT)

Bronze HMS Corunna Screen Badge

HMS Corunna was a later or 1943 Battle-class fleet destroyer  of the Royal Navy.  HMS Corunna was built by Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson Limited on the Tyne, launched on 29 May 1945 and commissioned on 6 June 1947.

In 1948, HMS Corunna joined the 4th Destroyer Flotilla, part of the Home Fleet. In 1954, HMS Corunna, with the rest of the Squadron, formerly Flotilla, deployed to the Mediterranean, remaining there until 1955.

In 1962, Corunna joined the 7th Destroyer Squadron, based in the Mediterranean, and the following year joined the 21st Escort Squadron. In 1975, HMS Corunna arrived at Blyth in Northumberland where she was subsequently broken up.

Dimensions :

46cm x 36cm   18.5in x 14in

14kg weight

We have been the Worlds largest dealers in these original Royal Navy artefacts for over twenty years now, the bulk of our stock coming directly from invitation by the Royal Navy and the Royal Navy Museum in Portsmouth Dockyard.

In a market full of souvenirs & fakes, we are are proud to present to you these, the ‘Real McCoy,’ in which to confidently invest, and wholeheartedly enjoy.

1 in stock