Royal Navy Boat Badge HMS Sandhurst – 1916
Built for Thos. and Jno. Brocklebank Line, Liverpool by Harland and Wolff Ltd., Belfast in 1905
Initially completed as Manipur on 13 January 1906 but her company career was quite short. Hired in 1914 by the Royal Navy and purchased in 1915.
She served as the dummy battleship Indomitable before being converted to a fleet repair ship.
HMS Sandhurst completed conversion to a depot ship in September, 1916. She served at Scapa Flow from 1916 to 1918
She was re-commissioned in 1926 and again re-commissioned at Malta on 14 January, 1929 and finally re-commissioned at Chatham on 22 July, 1931 and returned to work in the Mediterranean.
Broken up in 1946
7.5 in 19 cm x 7.5 in 19 cm
We have been the Worlds largest dealers in these original Royal Navy artefacts for over thirty years now, the bulk of our stock coming directly from invitation by the Royal Navy and the Royal Navy Museum in Portsmouth Dockyard.
In a market full of souvenirs & fakes, we are are proud to present to you these, the ‘Real McCoy,’ in which to confidently invest, and wholeheartedly enjoy.