£420.00 (inc. VAT)

HMS Caledon a C Class Light Cruiser.

Built by Cammell Laird

After her launch she joined the 6th light cruiser squadron of the grand Fleet in March 1917 and then Flagship, 1st Light Cruiser squadron

In 1917 HMS Caledon, took part in the action Heligoland Bight against German outposts where she was hit by a 12-inch shell

During WWII she served in the home fleet in 1939 moving to the Mediterranean fleet in 1940

She then served in the Red Sea from 1940-41 and after in the East Indies and Eastern fleet in 1942

HMS Caledon was converted to an anti-aircraft vessel by 1943 and went on to serve in the Mediterranean fleet from 1944-45 eventually being scrapped in Dover in February 1948

Dimensions :

Bakelite back mount 9in height

We have been the Worlds largest dealers in these original Royal Navy artefacts for over twenty years now, the bulk of our stock coming directly from invitation by the Royal Navy and the Royal Navy Museum in Portsmouth Dockyard.

In a market full of souvenirs & fakes, we are are proud to present to you these, the ‘Real McCoy,’ in which to confidently invest, and wholeheartedly enjoy. 

 

 

 

 

 

1 in stock

SKU: HMS-CAL16 Category: Tags: , , ,