MV Aureol 1950s Ocean Liner Oval Porthole
Elder Dempster Lines, Liverpool
Built by Alexander Stephen and Sons at Glasgow 253 1st, 76 cabin class passengers; crew 145
She was launched March 28, 1951 and began her maiden voyage Liverpool-Lagos November 3. She was the largest passenger ship built for Elder Dempster Lines. Her curved bow, terraced superstructure, tripod mast and cruiser spoon stern made her one of the handsomest ships of the day, drawing comparisons to the CARONIA of 1948
First voyage Southampton-Lagos April 26 1972. Arrived Southampton last time October 14 1974. She was sold to Marianna Shipping of Panama and arrived in Piraeus for refitting in November. In June 1974 she was renamed MARIANNA VI used as an office and leisure centre for Petrola Int. S.A. Construction Company in Jeddah.