£330.00 inc vat

HMS Cleopatra was a Dido-Class Cruiser, built by R. and W. Hawthorn, Leslie and Company, Ltd.

HMS Cleopatra was Admiral Philip Vian’s flagship during the Second Battle of Sirte, when his group of four light cruisers & 17 destroyers held off an Italian force which included the battleship Littorio, two heavy cruisers, a light cruiser & 10 destroyers, which had all been sent to intercept their convoy to Malta.

In 1943, Cleopatra was part of Force “K”, later Force “Q” at Bône, from where the Axis traffic to and from Tunisia was attacked. Later, she was a unit of the 12th Cruiser Squadron, and was present at the landings in Sicily, Operation Husky. In 1943, HMS Cleopatra was torpedoed by the Italian submarine Dandolo and again badly damaged.

In 1953 she took part in the Fleet Review to celebrate the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. From late 1953 to 1956 HMS Cleopatra was flagship of the reserve squadron. On 15 December 1958, she arrived at the Newport yard of J Cashmore for breaking up.

Dimensions:

Overall 7.25 18.5cm   Badge  5.25in 14cm

Weight 1kg

1 in stock